Each year the City of Chowchilla and Mid Valley Disposal conduct a Curbside Clean-up event in Chowchilla. Click HERE for the EVENT FLYER. This event is ONLY for single-family properties in the city limits. NO Robertson Boulevard, apartments, duplexes, county or commercial bin customers are included.
The Curbside Clean-up event provides a way to get rid of bulky items and items not normally accepted in the regular trash pick-up service. Debris is to be placed in the street at the curb for collection on the assigned day for each neighborhood.
Refer to the EVENT FLYER for important information and a map of the pick-up days by neighborhood.
WEEKDAY CURBSIDE PICK-UP IS ONLY FOR CUSTOMERS WHO LIVE IN-TOWN WEST OF HIGHWAY 99
- DO NOT put debris out SOONER than 48-HOURS (2-days) BEFORE YOUR CLEAN-UP DATE.
- Put out debris BEFORE 6:00 AM on the pick-up date.
- Debris placed AFTER 6:00 AM will NOT be picked up.
- The debris pile must be placed IN THE STREET at least 6-inches out from the curb and CANNOT BE LARGER THAN 5-ft x 10-ft x 5-ft in size.
- Do not block gutter inlets, mail boxes or fire hydrants.
- Remove portable basketball hoops off the street.
- There will be NO alley collections.
- TIRES WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- Refer to the lists below for ALLOWED & PROHIBITED items.
- Prohibited items will be left at the curbside and they must be removed WITHIN 24-HOURS after the neighborhood clean-up date.
- Debris placed at the curb after your scheduled date WILL NOT BE PICKED UP and must be removed by the property resident WITHIN 24-HOURS after your date.
GREENHILLS AREA CUSTOMERS WILL HAVE A SATURDAY CLEAN-UP DROP-OFF DAY
There will be NO curbside pick-up due to the narrow streets for customers in Greenhills, the Villas and for homes on Granite Falls Way and Golden Sands Way. Customers will need to take their bulky items to one of the drop-off locations between 7:00 AM and 3:00 PM. DO NOT drop-off any debris before or after the scheduled date and times. Refer to the lists below for ALLOWED & PROHIBITED items. Click HERE for the EVENT FLYER.
Golf Drive West at Emerald Street (Recreation Building)
Golf Drive West at Pheasant Run Boulevard (Frisbee Park)
Granite Falls Way at Golden Sands Way (East of the roundabout)
If you have questions call the Chowchilla Public Works at (559) 665-8615, ext. 789. Please leave a message with your telephone number if staff is not available to immediately take your call.
|ACCEPTED ITEMS||ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED|
Refrigerators (secure or remove doors)
Clean Auto Parts
Unassembled Playsets cut to 4-ft lengths
Miscellaneous Scrap Metal
Tree Branches cut to 4-ft lengths and bundled
Tree Trunks cut to 12-in lengths or shorter
Tree Stumps and Root Balls 12-in diameter or less
Lumber cut to 4-ft lengths
Other E-Waste Electronics
Carpeting and Padding (rolled and tied up)
Bagged & Boxed Trash or Debris
|Dirt and Sod
Rocks, Cement, Concrete, Bricks and Tile
Pesticides, Weed Killers, Solvents, Aerosols, Wet Paint and Chemicals
Oil, Grease, Antifreeze and other Auto Fluids
Empty or Filled Propane Tanks and Cylinders
Oversize Tree Branches, Grass/Leaf Piles, Trunks and Stumps
Palm Tree Rounds