How do I get a license for my pet?

Pet licenses may be obtained at the Chowchilla Police Department, 122 Trinity Avenue, Chowchilla, CA 93610.

Proof of current rabies vaccination is required to obtain a license. All dogs are required to be licensed with the city as per Chowchilla Municipal Code 6.04.260. Licenses are valid for one year and expire December 31 of each year. The deadline to renew animal licensing is March 31. A late fee will be added to the cost of the license after March 31.

Show All Answers

1. Who provides animal control services in the City of Chowchilla?
2. How do I get a license for my pet?
3. What services are provided by Animal Control?
4. Who do I call for animal control services during non-business hours?
5. Does the City provide any vaccination services?
6. Who do I contact regarding a barking dog?
7. Does the City of Chowchilla have a leash law?
8. Can I keep my dog tied up or restrained to a stationary object?
9. What do I do about the removal of a dead animal in the street?
10. How many animals am I allowed to have in the City limits?
11. What types of animals are considered wild and require a permit?
12. Where can I find spaying and neutering services for my animal?