IMPORTANT CITY COUNCIL MEETING INFORMATION
In compliance with California Gov. Newsom’s Shelter-in-Place Order and the Social Distance Guidelines issued by Federal, State, and Local Authorities, the City has implemented changes for attendance and public comment at all Council meetings until notified otherwise.
Responsibilities of the City Clerk
The Office of the City Clerk is responsible for a number of legislative and administrative functions, including:
- Accepting claims and service of other legal documents
- Maintaining and publishing the City Municipal Code
- Managing the human resources services
- Managing the official records of the City
- Managing the activities of City boards and commissions
- Overseeing the risk management duties
- Recording, preserving, researching, and providing public access to historical records
- Serving as the filing officer for Conflict of Interest Statements filed by City elected and appointed officials and candidate and officeholder campaign filings
California Fair Political Practices Commission Transparency Portal
The FPPC collects thousands of forms and reports that contain important information about public officials. The Transparency Portal is designed to promote the accessibility of this vital data and is comprised of five separate tools that can help voters make informed choices at the ballot box. For information click HERE to go to the FPPC Transparency Portal website.
The City of Chowchilla may find cause to issue an Administrative Citation due to possible municipal code violations. Visit the Administrative Citations page for more information.