Recreation & Community Engagement
The Recreation & Community Engagement Department is integral to enhancing the Quality of Life for Chowchilla residents, stakeholders and visitors alike, as well as striving to help all City departments achieve the desired levels of service to the community.
- Develops and manages City special events
- Assists local organizations with their community events
- Assists local recreational sports groups with their adult and youth sports programs
- Oversees operations of the Chowchilla Senior Center
- Manages City park facility rentals
- Manages the City communications processes and engagement programs and activities
- Assists City departments with work-flow process enhancements
- Designs information and marketing pieces, brochures, flyers, etc.
- Manages information distribution on social media platforms
- Provides management oversight of the City information technology (IT) services
Youth and Adult Sports
Seasonal youth sports programs are managed by parent board organizations, many of which are directly affiliated with the Chowchilla Athletic Foundation. Adult sports are also offered by member board organizations. Click HERE for more information.
The senior center is open weekday mornings and is a place for area seniors to gather and socialize with current friends and make new ones, as well as take part in drop-in and organized activities. Attendees can also register in advance for a nutritious daily lunch program. Click HERE for more information.
Berenda Reservoir is an equalization reservoir located four miles east of Chowchilla on Avenue 26 that is owned and operated by the Chowchilla Water District to provide surface irrigation water for local farmers. The City of Chowchilla has an agreement with the Chowchilla Water District through which the City may open the reservoir for public use and maintain it during the summer season when water is in the basin. Click HERE for more information.
City Spotlight Newsletter
January 2020 marked the final edition of the City Spotlight Newsletter. That edition and those from 2019 and 2018 will remain available to view and/or download. Click HERE for more information.