The Public Works Department is here to serve the community by providing airport, street, solid waste, water, wastewater, and storm water services. It contributes to the health, well-being, and convenience of citizens, visitors, business, and industry by operating and maintaining the City's streets, drinking water, wastewater and storm water systems for long-term service. These responsibilities must be managed in a cost effective manner as budget guidelines allow while remaining sensitive to the needs of the citizens we so proudly serve.
Department Service Areas
- Chowchilla Municipal Airport
- Municipal Water Service
- Solid Waste
- Storm Water
Important Required Permit Information
An Encroachment Permit is required for any work performed within the public right-of-way. Contact the Community and Economic Development Department at 559-665-8615, ext. 787, or Email the Community and Economic Development Department.
- Who do I call to report sidewalk problems, potholes or damaged roadways?
- Why doesn't the City do more complete road repairs rather than simply patching the potholes?
- Who do I contact if a street light needs repair?
- Who is responsible for routine maintenance of sidewalk, curb, gutter and street trees?
- Where do I call to report water leaks or a broken hydrant?